Documentation regarding the structure that once served as the horse stables dates back to 1803. One part was reserved for the riding horses of the Zambeccari Counts and the other for the farmer’s use. According to a 1814 inventory the building had a portico, seven stalls for horses and three for oxen. It also featured a “bugaderia”, an area for washing laundry replete with fireplace.
The well is located outside and is still visible today.
The upper floor of the stables was used as a hayloft. Like their predecessors, the Zucchini family also used the stables for their riding horses. Following the purchase of the complex in 1922 by Rigoberto Smeraldi, the stalls were adapted for the mares and colts of his thoroughbred trotters.